Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Dean's all-time favourite albums - #25 - About a Boy - Badly Drawn Boy


To start off my list, I turn to the low-fi indie pop of UK singer/songwriter Badly Drawn Boy. This album was composed as the soundtrack to the film version of  Nick Hornby penned novel “About a Boy”. Full of pleasant melodies this is a joy to listen to. Even the little (dare I call them filler) tracks that were needed for the movie are not at all grating. My highlight though is “A Minor Incident”, which is essentially a suicide letter. Heartbreaking.

 

For each entry I will also try and include a youtube link in case you are unfamiliar with the artist or album. This is a link to the track “A Minor Incident.”


 

Looking ahead – for each entry I will give you a little hint for the next upcoming album. For album #24, its time to head to the seventies for some swamp rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment