Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Dean’s all time favourite albums - #24 – Cosmo’s Factory – Creedence Clearwater Revival

As a general rule, I am not a big fan of long songs (but you will see some notable exceptions as this list goes on), so you would think that an album that opens with a seven minute track, and then also contains an eleven minute cover of Marvin Gaye’s “I Heard it Through the Grapevine” would not be my thing. But this is great rock, and the album is well balanced, spacing out the longer so...ngs with catchy rock like “Looking Out My Back Door”, (see link if you are unfamiliar with this song), "Travellin Band" and "Up Around the Bend"


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ouHs24EkLA

Coming up - #23 – will be time for some 80’s new wave pop, with very little similarities to CCR.

As always, any thoughts, comments or predictions most welcome

2 comments:

  1. No idea what's to come, but I'm looking forward to finding out. I have no problems with your list so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rol, great to hear from you. I hope parenting is treating you well. The list moves through the sort of albums like this one that would be considered "classics" to some that are more personal favourites. I was very clear to make the distinction between "favourite" and "best". Anyway, glad you are enjoying it so far, its quite a challenging list to make!

    ReplyDelete