Sunday, January 19, 2014

Dean’s all time favourite albums - #23 – The Lexicon of Love – ABC

Are you surprised with this selection? To be honest with you, I am completely surprised that its on my list! I found this album in a discount bargain bin at JB Hi Fi and thought I would give it a go, and I liked it right from the first listen. Maybe because its not like much else in my collection, I don’t know, but for some reason it struck a chord with me.  Focusing on a loose theme of heartache as the singer moves in and out of relationships, the tracks are unmistakably from the 80’s, but haven’t dated much at all. “Poison Arrow” and “The Look of Love” are probably the most well known, but I have a soft spot for some of the lesser known tracks like “Many Happy Returns”.

 

The link features the track “Poison Arrow”


 

Coming up at #22 – some theatrical over the top rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment