Friday, June 13, 2014

top ten "stuck" songs


When I was compiling my top 25 favourite albums list I often got stuck on which order to put the albums in. So instead of getting frustrated about that, I thought, “that’s a great topic idea”. So here it is, my top ten “stuck” songs.

 

10 - Stuck – Stacey Orrico

The Panel was a great show on Australian TV, not only for the chat and comedy, but the music. They used to allow artists to perform whatever song they wanted, but it had to be acoustic. This caught out a few of the pop singers of the day, but conversely also showcased some others. I don’t know anything about Stacey Orrico, but I was introduced to her song on one of the compilation CD’s from the Panel. The link below is the original version of stuck though.

 



9 - Stuck at the Airport – Money Mark

When I used to listen to the Steven and Gary’s Classic Albums podcast (what did happen to these guys? ) they often talked about buying a new Christmas album each year. Around about that time, I saw “This Warm December” in the bargain bins, a Christmas album that had a few Jack Johnson songs on it, so I thought why not give it a try. Its good, and this song is good, and not overly christmasy in its theme.


 
8 - Stuck with Me – Green Day

If I have started to send you asleep, this one should wake you up!


 

7 - Stuck inside a Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again….- Bob Dylan

Yep, its Bob time.


 

6 - Stuck in Moment You Can’t Get Out of It – U2
I did like the “All You Can’t Leave Behind” album of U2, and this is one of the singles from it. An enjoyable song.


 

5 - Stuck on You – Lionel Richie

My wife is a Lionel fan, and hence I have now been to two of his concerts. He could write a good pop song, and this is certainly one of his better ones.


 

4 - Stuck on You – Elvis Presley

So Lionel was stuck on you, and now its Elvis’ turn. A completely different track.


 

3 - Stuck on You – Paul Norton

Another Stuck on You? Yes, this time its back to the 80’s for some big haired pop. This is a great track.


 

2 - Stuck with You – Huey Lewis

And we are going to stay in the 80’s, for Mr Lewis who is not stuck on you, but stuck with you!


 

 

1 - Stuck in the Middle with You – Stealer’s Wheels

The number one track, and if it was a horse race it would have won by many many lengths.  Its catchy, and I think we have all been in situations where there are clowns to the left of us, and jokers to the right of us!

 

 
 
What are your favourite stuck songs?
 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the Top 2, Elvis and Lionel. Boo for U2, although that is one of their least annoying offerings. Don't have access to my full library at the moment, but I'd recommend Stuck Between Stations by The Hold Steady, Stuck Inside A Cloud by George Harrison and Stuck In The 90s by Moxy Fruvous.

    ReplyDelete